Position Description: Office Manager
Background: The Toronto Intergroup, a non-profit organization and the office responsible for supporting Alcoholics Anonymous in the City of Toronto – require an Office Manager.
The Office Manager is responsible for financial accounting/bookkeeping and reporting, financial management, and the administration of and support to program activities in the city conducted by autonomous AA groups and Intergroup committees.
The Office Manager is also responsible for the daily operation of the Intergroup office and the effective management of its paid staff of two (2) people.
Location: 234 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 202, Toronto (Mount Pleasant & Eglinton)
Regular Schedule: 6 hours per day with one 15 minute paid break and one 30 minute unpaid meal break, four days per week—Monday to Thursday. Attending evening committee and assembly meetings once per month.
Compensation & Benefits:
- $32,000.00 annual salary.
- Work on statutory holidays will be compensated based on applicable legislated standards. Regular work hours will be adjusted during weeks which include statutory holidays (office will likely close).
- In accordance with The Employment Standards Act, 2 weeks of unpaid vacation time will be awarded per year and vacation pay shall be awarded.
- Permitted up to 25 hours of paid sick leave.
- Financial administration, management, and reporting:keep all Quick Books records updated. Create, action, send, or receive invoices, customer receivables, receipts for cash or credit purchases, reconciliations of group or individual donations; action Government Remits and Returns (payroll, HST, charity returns); create bank deposits for cash, cheques, and credit cards as required; and report on financial status and administration of Toronto Intergroup on a monthly basis, complete required Government reports (current Executive membership, Appointed Officers, etc.).
- Office management:supervise paid staff of two (2) people, ensure safety and security of all staff, volunteers, and visitors in the office. Communicate with the Finance and Execute Committee’s members and members of AA and the public as required. Ensure the timely and effective delivery of program support and administration.
- Human resources: management and administration of staff, including tracking and reporting compensation and benefits issues and administrative issues. Maintain detailed personnel records to include leave and career-management documents. Be prepared to participate in or provide recommendations to Finance and Execute Committees regarding hiring, termination, and discipline.
- Other: The Office Manager should seek to maximize services rendered to AA members, committee leadership, and the public. Issues management as required. Other duties as perscribed by the Executive Committee membership.
Competencies, Experience & Traits:
- Accounts Payable/Accounts Receivable experience is required. Experience with Quick Books, with budget management or budget preparation, and with other payroll, accounting, financial management, Microsoft excel, and office suite software..
- Leadership and management ability including the ability to prioritze tasks and projects, delegate work, and implement and oversee program support activities.
- Highly effective and timely written and verbal communication abilities, as well as significant organizational skills, are required to manage the numerous competing priorities of Intergroup.
- Timeliness and organization, as well as strong appreciation for regulation and order are ideal traits of an Office Manager. The ideal Office Manager will exercise initiative and proactivitiy, flexibility, willingness to serve and cooperate, discretion, judgement, and discipline where required.
Alternately, one may mail or drop off these documents using the following address:
Finance Committee Chair at Toronto Intergroup
234 Eglinton Avenue East, Suite 202
Only those candidates who are deemed suitable will be contacted. Applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. An interview will be requested and more than one interview may be required. Please be prepared to be contacted via either email or telephone by a representative of Toronto Intergroup or “AA”, “Alcoholics Anonymous”, etc.Apply Now